Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Two fish, one meat pattie, a hot dog & two scoops, thanks

The title of this post is probably a bit hypocritical after me going on about the importance of fitness in my last post. But what better way is there to finish a surfing session than having fish and chips on the beach.

I think fish and chips (or should I say fush and chups) are the greatest takeaway. You have probably guessed this by the fact I have devoted a post to them. I don’t see any problem in eating them as long as it’s in moderation. Although, I have to confess I have been guilty of eating them a bit too often in the past. I guess when you start struggling more than normal to get into your wetsuit it is probably time to lay off them … hehe

Visiting tourists also seem to love getting their fingers into this delicious takeaway. Although, originally from the United Kingdom, fish and chips have become a real kiwi tradition. They are New Zealand’s most popular takeaway. I think everyone loves ripping the parcel open and divulging in this delicacy.

The next time it is a pleasant day or evening why not treat yourself, your family or mates and get some. They are an awesome meal after surfing when you are too sore to cook or prepare something to eat. The best shops serve fresh fish from the same beach you are surfing. Grab your tomato sauce and enjoy some today. Go on, you know you want to!
ps ... Remember to dispose of your rubbish sensibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment